Sunday, September 29, 2013

FIRST POST!

                Hello lovelies!
I haven’t posted anything besides announcing I’m finally starting a crochet blog! Let me just give you some reasons why I’m even starting this lovely thing. First off, I always lose track of patterns and count of how many things I have made. Sooooo starting this year I’m going to be documenting every single thing I crochet. I do know how to knit so expect some knitted projects. I hope you all follow along and hopefully find something you love on here. Just a note, I do make some of my own patterns and I will be sharing them for free! (YAY!)

Without further ado let me post some pictures of things I made just in this lovely week. 

2 cowls& 2 scarves
Rainbow cowl

Fishermans Road Scarf

Cowl #2 

Rainbow cowl



Granny Square Scarf
Cowl #2

Your probably wondering "where did you get the patterns?!" I made two of the patterns and one is a free pattern from lion brand yarn! 
Granny Square Scarf: For the granny scarf pattern I used the purl bees pattern for granny squares. Here’s the link: Granny square
What you do for this scarf is make 16 granny squares, you can use solid colored granny squares if you like or just have fun with it and make them WiLd! They are going to be four rounds, but the last round is a neutral color (of your choice).After you are done with all your squares and weaving them in, join them with any method you like. I joined them by single crocheting them together using only the back loops. Once you are done joining them, (with your neutral color) for the border make two rows or granny stitches and single crochet the last round. You’re done! Fasten off and weave in any ends.

The Rainbow cowl& Cowl number two:
Hook size: 5.50mm Yarn: red heart yarn  
Instructions:
Ch 80, join with sl st
Rnd 1: ch 1, sc in same stitch as ch 1, sc around evenly, sl st to join
Rnds 2-25: ch 2, dc in same stitch as ch2 (do this throughout pattern), dc around evenly, sl st to join
Rnd 26: ch 1, sc in same st as ch 1, sc around evenly, sl st to join
Fasten off and weave in any ends.
For My rainbow cowl I had two rounds for each color, with two rounds of grey in between each color.
Cowl number two: one sc round of red, four rounds of beige, two rounds of yellow, two rounds of grey, two rounds of green, four rounds of navy, two rounds of orange, two rounds of aqua, two rounds of pink, four rounds of brown, one round of sc bright aqua. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this first post, with my first official pattern! :) If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Until next time my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment